Call 507-625-2525

Mankato Parenting Time Modifications Lawyer

Life changes because circumstances change. A parent may need to change the parenting time schedule for any number of reasons. Some of the most common reasons include a work schedule that prevents adherence to the original schedule or relocation for work.

If the parents agree to the parenting time modification, then the new arrangement can be created with the help of a Mankato family law lawyer and submitted to the court for the judge to sign.

Help With Parenting Time Conflicts

Parenting time can lead to conflicts after a divorce. When the parents aren’t able to agree on a solution, then mediation may be needed. If mediation or any other type of alternative dispute resolution doesn’t work, the court can make the decision.

Courts may restrict parenting time if they find that parenting time will endanger a child emotionally or physically or they find that a parent has chronically failed to comply with the parenting time ordered by the court.

If one parent makes allegations that the other is taking the child to dangerous places or putting the child in harmful situations, then the court will hold a hearing to determine the need for parenting time modification.

Once modification goes through, it is enforceable until a life change may cause another modification in the future. A modification can be a request for more time or less, depending on the reason.

The Impact Of Parenting Time On Child Support

If a modification of parenting time affects the percentage of time a parent has with a child, then it could affect whether or not child support is paid by one parent to the other and in what amounts.

You can consult with your Mankato family law lawyer to determine what action you should take and to understand what the outcome of certain decisions will be. This will help you have confidence in the choices that you make and the outcome of the matter.

Contact A Mankato Family Law Lawyer

Sometimes, a parenting time modification is warranted because circumstances change. Perhaps a new job or having to move out of area keeps the non-custodial parent from being able to spend as much time with the child. No matter the reason, having legal representation by your side will help you through the process. To learn more about your rights and options, call Farrish Johnson Law Office, CHTD at 507-625-2525 to request a free consultation.