PARALEGAL/ LEGAL ASSISTANT – LITIGATION – Mankato, MN: Farrish Johnson Law Office, Chtd., a seven attorney law firm located in Mankato, Minnesota, seeks a Paralegal/Legal Assistant for its Litigation Practice Group. The Paralegal/Legal Assistant will be responsible for assisting the attorney by performing administrative work, but also a significant amount of substantive work. General duties include the following:
- Maintaining file organization, both electronically and in a physical file
- Monitoring calendars and scheduling appointments
- Tracking court and document deadlines
- Responding to deadlines in a timely manner
- Preparing discovery requests and reviewing discovery responses
- Drafting pleadings, subpoenas, discovery requests and correspondence
- Generating status reports; preparing case summaries and mediation materials
- Documenting actions
- Maintaining client contact and communicating case progress
- Screening incoming referrals and cold calls
- Conducting eFiling through the Minnesota Court’s online eFiling System
- Preparing for trial proceedings by preparing exhibits, scheduling witnesses, organizing evidence and taking courtroom notes
- Participating in continuing education and reading professional publications
The idea candidate will have a strong work ethic, excellent organizational skills, and have a keen attention to detail; 2-3 years legal assistant/paralegal experience preferred; familiarity with civil litigation and legal procedures preferred; computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro; excellent communication skills; ability to multitask and work under pressure; demonstrate flexibility to prioritize workflow.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send a resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held in confidence.