Amy E. Sauter
- Family Law
- Dissolution Law
- Custody Law
- Child Support Law
- Paternity Law
- Spousal Maintenance/Alimony
- Farm Divorce
Dawn Larson assists Amy in her family law practice. Prior to joining Farrish Johnson, Dawn worked for the past 30 years as a legal assistant in law offices in Fergus Falls, Phoenix, and Mankato. To make an appointment with Amy for a family law matter, please contact Dawn by email or phone at 507-344-2448.
Kate Kelly assists Amy in her family law practice. Kate has 32 years of legal experience primarily in family law. She worked for the Dakota County Attorney’s Office and a small law firm in Hastings before joining Farrish Johnson. Kate may be contacted by email or by phone at 507-625-2525.
Over the years Amy has enjoyed practicing family law and now practices family law exclusively at Farrish Johnson. Amy strives to get to know all of her clients individually. From there, her approach is tailored to learn her client’s particular circumstances, all the while being mindful of the family dynamics and relationships that will continue on after the resolution of their legal issues.
Amy is also a Qualified Family Law Mediator under Minnesota Rule of General Practice 114, and she mediates custody, parenting time, dissolution, spousal maintenance, and child support issues.
A Minnesota native and Minnesota State University, Mankato alumna, Amy brings additional legal capabilities to Farrish Johnson Law Office and to the greater Mankato Community.
After receiving her law degree, cum laude, from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, Amy returned to Minnesota where she practiced in private law for six years in the St. Cloud area. Amy returned to Mankato in 2016 and she remains involved and committed to serving the Mankato community. In her free time, Amy enjoys watching the Minnesota Twins and spending time with her dog, Louie.
- Mayo Clinic Health System, Mankato Health Care Foundation Board Member
- Mankato Area Community Band
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Southern Minnesota, Mankato Chapter
- Minnesota River Valley Wind Ensemble
- Mankato Business and Professional Women (BPW)
- J.D., Cum Laude, Western Michigan Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- B.A., Summa Cum Laude, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. Federal District of the State of Minnesota
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota
- Minnesota State Bar Association- Family Law Section Vice Chair (2019-2020)
- Minnesota State Bar Association- Family Law Section Council Member (2017-2019)
- Family Law Institute Planning Committee (2019-2020)
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Mankato Chapter
- 6th District Bar Association, Member (2016-Present)
- Family Law Section- 6th District Bar Association, Co-Chair (2016-Present)
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association (Past President)
- Business Women of Central Minnesota (Past Secretary)
- Minnesota Women Lawyers- Central Minnesota Chapter (Past Secretary)
- Bankruptcy Institute Planning Committee Member- 2014 Institute
- John E. Simonett Inns of Court- Member (2012-2016)
Clients’ Choice Award 2017 — Amy E. Sauter
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the General Rules of Practice
- Selected for inclusion on the Minnesota Rising Stars list (2019)
- Graduate of Pete Barry’s Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) Bootcamp, 2011
- Graduate of Josh Cohen’s Student Loan Law Bootcamp, 2013
- Certificates of Merit received in: Bankruptcy, Civil Procedure II, Constitutional Law II, Advanced Document Discovery, and Workers’ Compensation
- Honors Scholarship Recipient
- Associate Editor – Thomas M. Cooley Journal of Clinical and Practical Law
- “Student Loan Basics” – Speaking Engagement on Basics of Student Loan Options and Remedies – 2013
- Student Loan 101: Spring 2016