William S. Partridge
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Mediation & Arbitration
- Employment Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Professional Liability
- General Negligence
- Insurance Issues
Susan Kolbinger has worked with Will Partridge since 1994. She assists Will Partridge in the various areas of his practice. In addition to her service to the clients of Farrish Johnson, Susan is a member of the South Central College Advisory Board for Office Administration and Technology (1999-present) and served as the lay member on the Sixth District Ethics Committee (2012-2018). To make an appointment with Will, please contact Susan by email or phone at 507-625-2525.
Will has extensive experience in all types of civil litigation. He now limits his practice to civil and commercial litigation, including personal injury, professional liability, general negligence, employment law, insurance issues, and appeals.
Will is also available to mediate business disputes, law firm breakups, personal injury, employment, contract, and probate matters.
Will believes strongly in the necessity of providing legal services to those in financial need, and is a volunteer attorney for, and served for 13 years on the Board of Directors of Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Inc. He previously worked as a public defender for the Fifth Judicial District.
Will was born in St. Louis, Missouri, and lived in many different areas of the country before graduating from high school. He attended Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Upon graduation from Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, Will had the opportunity to work in the Twin Cities or Mankato. Because he was familiar with the Mankato area from his college years and enjoyed the area, he chose Mankato, and has practiced law in Mankato since 1979.
Will has many interests outside of work including cooking, bike riding, woodworking, reading, and sailing. He has competed in the longest fresh water sailboat race in the world, the Trans-Superior race from Sault St. Marie, Ontario to Duluth, Minnesota. He is active in his church and various community organizations.
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services (Board Member, 1993-2006; Leadership Committee Campaign For Legal Aid, 1991-date; Millennium Lawyer Award, 2000; Partner in Justice Award, 1997; Outstanding Volunteer Attorney Award, 1984; Volunteer Attorney, 1979-date)
- Presenter at continuing legal education programs, in-house seminars, high school and college classes, and professional organizations
- J.D. 1979, Hamline University School of Law (cum laude)
- B.A. 1975, Minnesota State University, Mankato (magna cum laude)
- 2002, Hamline University Law and Graduate Schools, General Mediation Skills Training
- 1979, Minnesota
- 1979, U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- 1981, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- 1984, Supreme Court of the United States
- Sixth District Bar Association (President, 1990-91; Sixth District Ethics Committee, Member 1998-2004; Sixth District Ethics Committee, Chair 2004-2009; Local Coordinator for Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Statewide Video Network, 1990-date)
- Minnesota State Bar Association (Human Rights Committee Member, 1981-84; Board of Governors, 1984-88; Community Relations Committee, 1987-89; Civil Litigation Section Governing Council, 2006-2016; CIVJIG Revision Committee; judge for Mock Trial Competition; Delegate, State Convention (various years)
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion on the Minnesota Super Lawyers list for 2000-2018
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1994 to date
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2010 to date
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2011 to date; Member, Trial Law Institute; Member, Diversity Law Institute
- AV Rating by Martindale and Hubbell, 1997 to date
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice