State and federal law says that when a person is convicted of a crime, it’s not the end of the road because a person can appeal the decision of the court. If you feel that the evidence was not sufficient to support a criminal conviction, that the court made legal errors during the proceedings, or that the resulting penalty is too harsh, you have the right to seek review through the appellate process and achieve a better result.
It is important to note that the Minnesota appeals process is long and it is also complicated, so the quality of the attorney is going to be an important factor in ensuring you receive the best possible outcome in your case. The Mankato criminal defense attorneys at Farrish Johnson Law Office, CHTD are experienced in appeals and can put their thorough knowledge of criminal law and the appeals process to work for your advantage.
Working With You Throughout The Appeal
There are many reasons to appeal a criminal conviction and sentence, including:
- You are innocent
- The court allowed the prosecution to present evidence obtained in violation of constitutional rights
- The prosecution did not present enough evidence to support a conviction
- The prosecution failed to prove a critical element of the crime, such as criminal intent
- Even if everything the prosecution alleges is true, those facts may not meet the legal definition of a crime
- The prosecution made inappropriate arguments or comments
- The court excluded critical evidence that could have made a difference in your case
- The sentence is too harsh
Regardless of the reason why you want to appeal, Farrish Johnson Law Office, CHTD is known for conducting a thorough review of your case in order to build a strong appeal for you.
Fighting For Your Future
A criminal conviction has long-lasting consequences and an appeal is your opportunity to challenge that conviction. Your southern Minnesota criminal appeals attorney at Farrish Johnson Law Office, CHTD will identify the strongest issues to appeal and give you the best chance at overturning your conviction or reducing your sentence.
Contact A Mankato Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been convicted of a crime and are considering an appeal, you need a knowledgeable and experienced Minnesota criminal appeals attorney by your side. Through appeals, you can fight for a better outcome so you can move on with your life much sooner. To learn more about how Farrish Johnson Law Office, CHTD can help you, call today at 507-625-2525 for a free consultation.
View all Criminal Defense Legal Services